Exchanging skills in developmental biology
The call is open on 14 to 28 February 2021
The “Réseau André Picard” hereby announces funding of short-term exchanges for early-stage researchers, i.e. PhD students and post-doctoral fellows. The mission should lead to scientific advancement and acquisition of know-how in the research field of developmental biology, involving current members* of the Réseau A. Picard.
The exchange visits should foster collaboration, contribute to the scientific objectives of the network and allow participants to learn new techniques and gain access to data/instruments/methods that are not available in their own institution.
Each grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the grantee. The maximum lump sum is 800€ (upon receipts). Ten projects (max) will be selected.
The entire mission must be completed before 30 November 2021.
How to apply?
1. First name and Family name of the applicant:
2. email of the applicant:
3. Title of the current applicant research project (e.g. PhD project):
4. Affiliation of the applicant:
5. Title of the mission:
6. Contact (name and email) and affiliation of the visited research team (must belong to a partner lab*):
7. Aim of the mission (1 page max, including relevant references). Explain how the mission will benefit the grantee current research project (e.g., solving what problem, requiring which skills, use of which equipment, etc.) and future work (capacity building). Explain also how the outputs of the mission (skills gained, collaborations started, etc.) will be implemented in the future activity of the grantee lab after the completion of the mission (e.g. possible transfert to other lab members); indicate how this mission might lead to future collaborative work between the two partner labs:
8. Dates of the mission (from 15 March to 30 November 2021):
The bureau of the “Réseau André Picard” will select the applications based on the:
• Relevance of the research project to the field of developmental biology (3)
• Relevance of the mission in the current stage of the research project of the applicant (4)
• Importance of the mission for the applicant and host labs future interaction (1)
• Research stage earliness: PhD students are given priority over post-doc fellows (2)
➢ Before the mission: Selected projects must present the aim of the mission at the Journées André Picard 2021: 25-26 March (5 min + 5 min question, remote conference).
➢ After the mission, grantee will :
• send a scientific report (1page max) summarizing the main outputs of the mission
• upon positive evaluation by the Bureau of the RAP, be reimbursed up to 800€ (upon receipts; additional instructions as to how be reimbursed will be given to selected applicants).
Deadline for application is 28 February 2021 midnight
*Current laboratory members are:
• Laboratoire de Biologie Intégrative des Modèles Marins (LBI2M; UMR8227), Roscoff
• Laboratoire de Biologie du Développement de Villefranche-sur-Mer (LBDV, UMR7009), Villefranche / Mer
• Laboratoire de Biologie Intégrative des Organismes Marins (BIOM; UMR7232), Banyuls / Mer
• Laboratoire de Biologie du Développement (LBD, UMR7622), Paris.